Redcar 0.3.5 is available on Rubygems.org. Please download it and let us know how you get on.
- Smart indentation.
- Jump to method/constant/class declaration support for Ruby and Java
- Background tasks to speed up e.g. Find File
- Show invisible characters option
- Navigating large files should feel much faster and more responsive (due to faster and a bit lazier highlighter)
- Prompts to save on exit if you have modified files
- Watches for changes to open files and reloads if necessary
- Double click respects word boundaries
- Window titlebar shows the project dirname
- Duplicate region command
- Switch tab commands (Cmd or Alt 1, 2, 3 etc)
See the CHANGES file for the full list!
There are also some important new internal APIs for Redcar plugin developers, and changes:
- Background Task API
- Refreshable resource abstraction
- Project refresh API for plugins
- Project::FileList, which provides plugins with information about files in the project, and modifications times.
- A new ‘lazy_sub_menu’ method in the Menu::Builder, for creating menus that populate as you look at them.
- Built in commands for profiling Redcar with jruby-prof
- A Task Manager view, for inspecting running, pending and completed tasks
- A Command History view, which replaces “looking in the console for errors”
We have some new contributors with this release:
- Antono Vasiljev
- Sergey Potapov
- Kirill Nikitin
- Juozas Gaigalas
- Tim Felgentreff
And thanks to Github, the list of contributors sorted by number of commits is now available.